Hi there,

Using Postfix 3.5.6, only one IP per postfix instance, I have an issue with
a specific Mailbox Provider limiting to 3 ingoing connections per IP.

Here is my setup for this Mailbox Provider for outgoing connections to this
provider :

In master.cf :

*#
==========================================================================#
service type  private unpriv  chroot  wakeup  maxproc command + args#
        (yes)   (yes)   (yes)   (never) (100)#
==========================================================================transport
     unix  -       -       y       -       3       smtp*

In main.cf :

*# Transport policytransport_initial_destination_concurrency =
1transport_destination_concurrency_limit =
3transport_destination_rate_delay = 0transport_destination_recipient_limit
= 2*

Also, in main.cf, I have these settings :

*smtp_connection_cache_on_demand = yessmtp_tls_connection_reuse =
yessmtp_connection_reuse_time_limit = 300ssmtp_connection_reuse_count_limit
= 99smtp_connection_cache_time_limit = 2s*

I am receiving a lot of deferred messages from this Mailbox Provider : *Too
many connections from your IP*...

This kind of deferred message is happening when postfix is closing a
connection and reopening a new one. It seems that my delay to close the
connection and open a new one is much more shorter than the Mailbox
Provider to see that the connection has been closed, so he sees 4
connections and starts deferring messages.

Is there a way to implement a delay between connection closing and
reopening for a specific transport in Postfix, while still using connection
reuse ?

Regards,

--
Yves-Marie LE PORS-CHAUVEL