Dnia 11.08.2022 o godz. 12:56:41 Nick Howitt pisze:

> Oh OK, so when it says "unknown" it only means that forward and reverse DNS
> don't match? I was reading it that the reverse DNS didn't exits.
>
> I can't use reject_unknown_client_hostname as I know at least one major ISP
> in the UK has their mailserver announcing a ???.local or ???.lan domain.
> Also don't the RFC's require an FQDN as a hostname but it does not
> necessarily need to be valid? Or am I thinking of something else?

>From Postfix documentation (http://www.postfix.org/postconf.5.html):

reject_unknown_client_hostname (with Postfix < 2.3: reject_unknown_client)
    Reject the request when 1) the client IP address->name mapping fails, or
    2) the name->address mapping fails, or 3) the name->address mapping does
    not match the client IP address.

reject_unknown_reverse_client_hostname
    Reject the request when the client IP address has no address->name
    mapping.
--
Regards,
   Jaroslaw Rafa