Hello all,

Just Stumbled upon a mail from Wietse Venema Nov 14, 2014, 8:41:10 PM
to Matthias Schneider:

Quote "
> Hello,
>
> I had a very high I/O load on process tlsmgr because the smtp_scache and
> smtpd_scache files are written to often (smtp_scache.db ~70mb) .
>
> data_directory = /var/lib/postfix
> smtp_tls_session_cache_database = btree:${data_directory}/smtp_scache
> smtpd_tls_session_cache_database = btree:${data_directory}/smtpd_scache
>
> moving /var/lib/postfix to a tmpfs filesystem solved my problem for now,
> but i am looking for a better solution.
> I noticed that postfix also supports memcache as lookup table
> (http://www.postfix.org/DATABASE_README.html)
> is this also supported for smtp_tls_session_cache_database ? Can anyone
> show me a config example?

memcache should work just fine. Specify memcache:/configfile instead
of btree:/pathname. The contents of the configfile are documented
in memcache_table(5). There is no need to change the default ttl
of 3600 seconds.

In main.cf, set smtpd_tls_session_cache_timeout=0 and
smtp_tls_session_cache_timeout=0. Expiration is done in the memcache
server.
" Unquote

Will the below lines do? Is the configfile literally a name or do we
put any name we like? how does it work?

smtp_tls_session_cache_database = memcache:/configfile
smtpd_tls_session_cache_database = memcache:/configfile

Thanks/DP