From: Ralph Seichter <ra...@ml.seichter.de>
Sent: Friday, 9 September 2022 10:55 pm
To: postfix-users@postfix.org
Subject: Re: Postfix.org website

* Simon Wilson:

> Noting that whilst some may consider that block excessive, it does
> appear that some 'authorities', including at least the Australian
> government's cyber security department, Fortinet, and others,
> recommend these IPs are blocked.

Which just goes to show how little these so-called "authorities"
understand. Tor middle nodes by design only ever connect to other Tor
nodes, and no "security" whatsoever is gained from blocking their host
IP addresses. Authorities simply hate that they cannot read Tor traffic.
See FUD (https://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fear,_Uncertainty_and_Doubt).

-Ralph

You could well be completely right Ralph.

I have no insight into why security firms, government departments, etc.
recommend to block what they do.

I shared what I found for awareness in case others come across a similar IPS
issue in accessing the Postfix website. Whether the underlying block is FUD etc
is probably offtopic for this list, so I'm going to stop here.

Simon