Sorry, my initial diagnosis was incorrect.

Stefan Foerster:
> postfix/submission/smtpd[156]: warning: host or service dovecot:12345 not
> found: Name does not resolve
> postfix/submission/smtpd[156]: warning: SASL: Connect to Dovecot auth socket
> 'inet:dovecot:12345' failed: Address not available

You already have the fix 20220404. That fix changed a fatal error
into a warning, and returns an EADDRNOTAVAIL error.

> postfix/submission/smtpd[156]: fatal: no SASL authentication mechanisms

The server needs to announce the SASL mechanisms in the EHLO response.
If it cannot reply to EHLO, then I don't see what good it does if
we make this a non-fatal error.