>>> just wanted to let you know that Outlook users might run into problems
>>> submitting mails after Microsoft's latest Windows update.
>>>
>>> Oct 15 14:49:42 mx1 postfix/submission/smtpd[25067]: connect from <redacted>
>>> Oct 15 14:49:42 mx1 postfix/submission/smtpd[25067]: SSL_accept error from
>>> <redacted>: lost connection
>>> Oct 15 14:49:42 mx1 postfix/submission/smtpd[25067]: lost connection after
>>> STARTTLS from <redacted>
>>>
>>> This occurs on submission port 587 (STARTTLS) and smtps port 465 (TLS).
>>>
>>> Since deinstalling the update no submission errors have occured:
>>>
>>> - Update KB5018418 on Windows 11 (verified)
>>> - Update KB5018410 on Windows 10
>>
>> This issue is resolved by update KB5018496 for Windows 11 22H2 x64:
>
> Thanks. I am not failiar with Microsoft's processes, is this something
> that could be deployed globally next patch Tuesday?

I'm not familiar with Microsoft's release schedule either, but this update
seems to be publicly available since yesterday. I've started Windows 11
today and checked for updates in system settings where it suggested to
download and install KB5018496.

Afterwards I enabled session tickets for postfix submission again and
was able to submit an email. So I can confirm it works with Windows 11
and as Microsoft is aware of the problem it might have been or will
be fixed for Windows 10 as well.

Best regards
Gerald