On 17 Nov 2022, at 9:52 am, Gabriele Bulfon <gbul...@sonicle.com> wrote:

> I tried enabling "reject_unverified_recipient" with cyrus imap, and it
> actually tries to verify.  This is the log while trying to verify an
> non existent recipient:
>
> Nov 17 14:47:33 www postfix/pipe[3542]: [ID 197553 mail.info] 46124915450:
>   to=<ul...@sonicle.com>, relay=cyrus, delay=0.02, delays=0.01/0.01/0/0,
>   dsn=2.0.0, status=deliverable (delivers to command: /sonicle/bin/deliver)

When performing address verification probes the pipe(8) delivery agent
does not actually run the delivery command, unlike SMTP where the
delivery can be abandoned after "RCPT TO:", there is no good mechanism
to probe just the existence of the address with command delivery.

If you want recipient validation, you'll need to deliver via LMTP
instead.

--
        Viktor.