Viktor Dukhovni:
> On Wed, Jan 18, 2023 at 12:45:02AM +0000, Sean Hennessey wrote:
>
> > Thanks,I did realize after I sent the email that what was probably
> > happening was the delay was the overiding controller, and not working
> > as in addition as I thought it would.
>
> Once you have multi-second delays, concurrency is pointless. If you want
> more throughput scale down the delay.

To implement parallismn, use multiple transports and randmap selection.

This is from am old post:

In /etc/postfix/master.cf:

smtp1      unix  -       -       n       -       -       smtp
smtp2      unix  -       -       n       -       -       smtp
smtpN      unix  -       -       n       -       -       smtp

In /etc/postfix/main.cf:

smtp1_destination_rate_delay = 1
smtp2_destination_rate_delay = 1
smtpN_destination_rate_delay = 1

transport_maps =
    inline:{
            { $myhostname = $local_transport }
            { localhost = $local_transport }
            { localhost.$mydomain = $local_transport }
            # Other domains that don't deliver over SMTP...
    }
    randmap:{ smtp1:, smtp2:, ..., smtpN: }

This syntax requires Postfix 3.0 or later.