Viktor Dukhovni:
> On Sun, Jan 29, 2023 at 09:32:47PM +0000, Sean Hennessey wrote:
>
> > What I'm looking for is the envelope recipient. I need a way to force
> > an unqualified to address to a domain I can blackhole. I've got an
> > application that feeds into these systems that will allow its users to
> > enter badly formed email addresses. What I want to do is to just
> > swallow those in postfix. What I was attempting to do, was get the
> > envelope to to be forced to @blackhole.local, and then I just discard
> > that w/ a transport map.
> >
> > Is there a way to accomplish that?
>
> Yes:
>
> master.cf:
>
> smtp inet n - n - - smtpd
> -o { append_at_myorigin = yes }
> -o { rewrite_service_name = bh-rewrite }
> -o { cleanup_service_name = bh-rewrite }
(bh-cleanup)
> ...
> cleanup unix n - n - 0 cleanup
> bh-cleanup unix n - n - 0 cleanup
> -o { append_at_myorigin = yes }
> -o { rewrite_service_name = bh-rewrite }
> ...
> rewrite unix - - n - - trivial-rewrite
> bh-rewrite unix - - n - - trivial-rewrite
> -o { myorigin = blackhole.invalid }
>
> This will affect all unqualified addresses that come in via the SMTP
> service in question. All other sources remain unchanged.
>
> You could even use some sort of NAT rules to direct incoming
> SMTP traffic from just the problem clients to the custom SMTP
> service on an alternate IP:port.
I suspect that "-o { append_at_myorigin = yes }" is needed only for
the bh-rewrite service. The append_at_myorigin value is is referenced
only in the trivial-rewrite daemon, and is not sent via IPC.
Wietse