> On Feb 9, 2023, at 12:25 AM, Jaroslaw Rafa <r...@rafa.eu.org> wrote:
>
> Dnia  8.02.2023 o godz. 23:15:37 Doug Hardie pisze:
>>
>> The message is delivered to a mailbox on the host, not sent to mailman.
>
> Maybe I'm missing something, but I don't see anywhere in your configuration
> a part that actually would send the mail to mailman.
>
> I use mailman on my server, and every mailing list defined in mailman needs
> to have an appropriate set of aliases (local aliases, not virtual ones) that
> pipe mail to appropriate mailman programs. Mailman generates this file, but
> you need to include it manually somewhere in your configuration.
>
> In my case it looks like this:
>
> virtual_alias_maps = hash:/etc/postfix/virtual
> alias_maps = hash:/etc/aliases, hash:/var/lib/mailman/data/aliases
>
> The second file in "alias_maps" is the one generated by mailman. For each
> mailman list, it contains lines similar to those below (for the list named
> test-l):
>
> test-l:             "|/var/lib/mailman/mail/mailman post test-l"
> test-l-admin:       "|/var/lib/mailman/mail/mailman admin test-l"
> test-l-bounces:     "|/var/lib/mailman/mail/mailman bounces test-l"
> test-l-confirm:     "|/var/lib/mailman/mail/mailman confirm test-l"
> test-l-join:        "|/var/lib/mailman/mail/mailman join test-l"
> test-l-leave:       "|/var/lib/mailman/mail/mailman leave test-l"
> test-l-owner:       "|/var/lib/mailman/mail/mailman owner test-l"
> test-l-request:     "|/var/lib/mailman/mail/mailman request test-l"
> test-l-subscribe:   "|/var/lib/mailman/mail/mailman subscribe test-l"
> test-l-unsubscribe: "|/var/lib/mailman/mail/mailman unsubscribe test-l"
>
> I have my mailman lists in the real server's domain, ie. one that is in
> $mydestination. If you want to host your lists in a virtual domain, it will
> probably require to integrate mailman in a different way, but it must be
> integrated with Postfix config somehow, and I don't see it in your config.
> --

I have in main.cf:
alias_maps = hash:/etc/aliases

/etc/aliases contains:
test:              "|/usr/local/mailman/mail/mailman post test"

I understand that the alias_maps is used for local deliveries and the list is a
virtual list.  Those were in the config when I ran the test.  Ktrace shows the
aliases file is opened and a small part of it is read, but because it is hashed
I can't tell what part of it was read.  I don't see how the virtual address
t...@lafn.org would get forwarded to mailman either.  I don't believe that the
pipe can be put in the virtual_alias file.

I am wondering if I need to make the domain for the list a local domain.

-- Doug