On Sun, Mar 26, 2023 at 12:52:01PM -0700, Doug Hardie via Postfix-users wrote:

> I don't want to remove the "reject_unknown_sender_domain" function as
> it gets used properly a lot.  Is there some way I can get postfix to
> accept these for local delivery?

    smtpd_sender_restrictions =
        check_sender_access inline:{bogus.example.org =
permit_auth_destination},
        reject_unknown_sender_domain

Alternatively, if you prefer RE tables:

    main.cf:
        smtpd_mumble_restrictions =
            ... prior restrictions ...
            check_sender_access pcre:${config_directory}/sender-access.pcre
            ... later restrictions ...

    sender-access.pcre:
        # Single "node.example.org" domain
        /@node\.example\.org$/     DUNNO
        # The "tree.example.org" domain or any subdomain
        /(?:@|\.)tree\.example\.org$/     DUNNO
        # ... more exceptions here ...
        # Everyone else'd better be valid
        /^/                         reject_unknown_sender_domain

This has the advantage that the verdict for "bogus.example.com" is not
final, later restrictions in the same restriction list are still
evaluated.  The downside is that most users are sloppy with regular
expressions, when using regular expressions you are quite likely to make
mistakes.  For example,

--
    Viktor.