natan via Postfix-users:
> W dniu 19.04.2023 o?17:23, Wietse Venema via Postfix-users pisze:
> > natan via Postfix-users:
> >> Hi
> >> I have question about *_error_limit and postfix
> >>
> >> I have separated services like
> >> smtp incomming and smtp outgoing and webmail
> >>
> >> I have roudcube which is used by several thousand users
> >>
> >> On smtp outgoing in main.cf:
> >> smtpd_client_connection_count_limit = 900
> >> smtpd_hard_error_limit = 5
> >> smtpd_soft_error_limit = 2
> > First: your limits are much smaller than the default, and second:
> > what kinds of errors are causing Postfix to reject commands?
>
> I'd like to exclude all too many errors * for a specific IP
> I would like to avoid that in case of any "too many errors" problems
> with sending mails from roundcube

Why do you have such ridiculously low error limits?

Why are there ANY errors at all from Roundcube?  It is supposed to
be well-behaved software.

For the crap client, if they won't fix the client, and you won't
fix your error limits, you can configure a different SMTP service
in master.cf on a different IP address or port.

On a different IP address:

master.cf:
    1.2.3.5:smtp  inet  n       -       n       -       -       smtpd
        -o smtpd_junk_command_limit=some-huge-number
        -o smtpd_hard_error_limit=some-huge-number
        -o smtpd_soft_error_limit=some-huge-number

On a different port:

master.cf:
    :2525   inet  n       -       n       -       -       smtpd