I don't even know whether RedHat exposes any mechanisms for applications> to opt-out
of crypto policy and use only application-driven OpenSSL> configuration.  This is
should perhaps be looked into in the Postfix 3.9> timeframe.
from my notes dealing with new Fedora crypto-policies on a number of other
issues

RedHat provides system-wide policy overrides

https://access.redhat.com/documentation/en-us/red_hat_enterprise_linux/8/html/security_hardening/using-the-system-wide-cryptographic-policies_security-hardening#switching-the-system-wide-crypto-policy-to-mode-compatible-with-previous-systems_using-the-system-wide-cryptographic-policies

&

        https://redhatgov.io/workshops/rhel_8/exercise1.5/
        https://access.redhat.com/articles/3666211
        https://access.redhat.com/articles/3642912

general guidance on customizing policy

        https://www.redhat.com/en/blog/how-customize-crypto-policies-rhel-82

Oracle also has a good writeup

https://docs.oracle.com/en/operating-systems/oracle-linux/8/security/security-ImplementingAdditionalSecurityFeaturesandBestPractices.html#system-crypto-policies

note there's option to set per-application policies

https://www.systutorials.com/docs/linux/man/8-update-crypto-policies/#lbAF

with tool help

https://gitlab.com/redhat-crypto/fedora-crypto-policies#user-content-generating-the-policies

                "...
                To generate the policies per application use the script
python/build-crypto-policies.py policydir DESTDIR
                ..."

some apps allow exclusion at launch

https://computingforgeeks.com/configure-system-wide-cryptographic-policies/
                "...
                #4. Excluding an application from system-wide crypto policies
                ..."

for Postfix specifically, there was old discussion re: Postfix ignoring policy

        Re: postfix 3.5.4 centos 8 hardcoded crypto settings?
        https://marc.info/?l=postfix-users&m=159543275820835&w=2