On 16/05/2023 13:16, Tom Reed via Postfix-users wrote:
Hello list,

Should we reject failed message on DKIM validation stage, or DMARC
validation stage, or both?

Just my opinion...

I see lots (and I mean lots) of DKIM failures due to mails sent to mailing lists that have clueless administrators.

I also see lots of DMARC failures arriving to mailboxes of people that insist that forwards are a proper way to handle mail.

(Please, if I am wrong or otherwise forgetting the proper way to handle the above situations give suggestions, they will be welcomed)

So, instead of a plain reject (that may have the side effect of discarding legitimate email) I send those to a Spam folder.

Thanks.