Patrick Mahan via Postfix-users:
> I lost my domain server a few weeks ago just as I was leaving on a
> pre-paid vacation with the family.  I have replaced the server (running
> FreeBSD) and am in the process of getting my domain services (dns, mail,
> etc) back up and running.
>
> I am taking advantage to upgrade postfix in the process.  I was running
> 2.1.10 (I know, I know, I'm lazy) and the latest available on FreeBSD is
> 3.7.4.1 so I am hoping that, configuration-wise, there is not a lot of
> churn.  So any pointers are welcomed.

Assuming that you kept your main.cf and mater.cf files, Postfix
will log something about a compatibility level, meaning that some
implicit default settings have changed, but they will be pinned to
their historical values to avoid breaking stuff.

See:

    https://www.postfix.org/COMPATIBILITY_README.html

for how to accept or permanently override the new default values.