On Tue, Jul 11, 2023 at 09:11:25AM +0100, Ken Gillett via Postfix-users wrote:

> Anyway, using @home is acceptable and works from both the Mac Pro and
> a debian linux machine (and probably others) on the LAN.

These arrive to the "server" Postfix instance via SMTP.

> The problem
> however is that I simply cannot get email on the Mini Server itself to
> work. So, as I said, email to user@home works from other hosts on the
> LAN, but if I try to send using (postfix)sendmail on the Mini itself.
> it bounces:-
>
>       status=bounced (Host or domain name not found. Name service error for
> name=home type=AAAA: Host not found)
>
> What I don't understand here is why postfix is trying to lookup
> 'home'. It is configured to accept mail in the 'home' domain and
> happily does so from any other host on the LAN, but why not on the
> Mini that's actually running postfix?

This is **not** using the server Postfix code in /Library/Server.  It is
using the default Postfix binaries in /usr/sbin/.  Which as you already
observed have a different configuration.

Put the /Library/Server/... binaries first on your PATH.

--
    Viktor.