--- In [email protected], "brucexs" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>
> > Maybe you should consolidate a list of all the good reasons to write 
> > pcre plugin. ;-)
> >
> 
>  If you want, I could do a thin wrapper plugin for
> pcre which just gives a PowerPro version of most of its
> services.
> 
> I have only a very rudimentary knowledge of REs, but if
> I understand the PCRE docs correctly, pcre only
> supports single match and does not support substitution
> at all (you get back a vector of start end positions
> which you then would need to manipuate with
> replacestring). A thin wrapper means the plugin would
> have the same limitations: ie no global operations and
> no replace.

That would be better than nothing, but would it be possible to include
pcrecpp functions as well? It is the Google-contributed C++ wrapper
and seems to have all the match and replace operations (full, partial,
global, etc.)

Regards,
Sheri

Reply via email to