brucexs wrote:
> If you want, I could do a thin wrapper plugin for pcre which just
> gives a PowerPro version of most of its services.

I don't care really because I'm satisfied with my plugin.

> I have only a very rudimentary knowledge of REs, but if I understand 
> the PCRE docs correctly, pcre only supports single match and does not
> support substitution at all

If you wanted to do a thikcer wrapper, it may be possible to reuse some 
of my code. There is a wrapper function in my code which is separate 
from the function that does the global operations and the replacements. 
There is the matter of the backreferences which complicate that picture 
a bit however.

>> That would be better than nothing, but would it be possible to
>> include pcrecpp functions as well? It is the Google-contributed C++
>> wrapper and seems to have all the match and replace operations
>> (full, partial, global, etc.)
>> 
> I'll look at it but it is a bit more work.  On the other hand, it
> fits nicely with the handle syntax.

I didn't look into the Google-contributed code.

This could be a good replacement for the regex plugin. Presumably this 
will be maintained a lot better than my code. The binarie(s) and memory 
footprint would probably be a god bit larger than my plugin + pcreposix 
but who cares?
Do tell me if I can be of assistance.

Reply via email to