> 
> This could be a good replacement for the regex plugin. Presumably 
this 
> will be maintained a lot better than my code. The binarie(s) and 
memory 
> footprint would probably be a god bit larger than my plugin + 
pcreposix 
> but who cares?
> Do tell me if I can be of assistance.

Personally, I'd want to keep using your code for PowerPro basic 
processing.  The pcre api does not do the key things I mentioned, and I 
have no interest in trying to rewrite what you already did, because I 
don't know enough about regular expressions and more importantly I'm 
sure I would not be able to do it better.

The google wrapper uses C++ stl and looks like it will add about 300K 
of memory.  Plus I suspect it will have its own subtle issues.  But I 
might try it just to add an alternative for the sophisticates.  BTW, as 
best I can see, it does not provide any error message processing from 
the RE compile.  I'll take a look at the source to be sure!
>


Reply via email to