Dear Sheri,

@04-Jul-2007, 20:36 -0000 (04-Jul 21:36 here) Sheri [S] in
mid:[EMAIL PROTECTED] said:

... <snip>
>> *keys macros do not send any keystrokes to the active window in
>> Vista Ultimate. I am finding this more than a little frustrating.
>> Anybody have any ideas, workarounds or fixes?
... <snip>

S> Run secpol.msc - Local Policies/Security Options and modify User 
S> Account Control to disable running as standard users (so if you are 
S> logged in as admin apps will now always run as admin). Reboot and log
S> in as administrator.

S> Then try sending keys to the active window.

S> Let us know if it works.

Okay - that does make it work, but is that the only answer? It's a
little too drastic. I'm really not keen on letting everything run with
admin rights. As a developer I do expose myself to more risks than I'd
like and have been very much relieved by the extra security the admin
rights seal of approval gives me.

Running PP as admin also opens other worm-cans for me with script file
locations and access to bar backgrounds.

I think this was a good clue to "how to win" on this one though.
Thanks Sheri.

-- 
Cheers --  //.arck  D Pearlstone -- Consultant Software Engineer
___________________________________________________________________
\ BrainStorm -  think ... clearly  : http://www.brainstormsw.com  /
 \ ICQ# 173337671 | PGP 0x929DCDA0 | Marck: www.silverstones.com /
'

[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]

Reply via email to