Bruce,
More answers to your questions:

--- In [email protected], "brucexs" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > FavFolders work as I already described. Also, be aware that
> Favfolders
> > do not work at all with the new style dialog box of Vista
> applications,
>
> I don't think I can do much about this without access to Vista, and I
> am at least a year away from that, I suspect.
>
> Does the dialog box entry still have "n" as the shortcut letter? (as
> in faile _n_ame?)

Yes, "n" is still the shortcut letter.
> >
> > I have right click on caption set to Rollup the window. In Vista it
> only
> > blanks the window but seems to leave the frame. I changed to hotkey
> to
> > trigger a messagebox and that worked.
>
> Does it also fail on notepad?  PowerPro is using a standard windows
> features setwindowrgn, but it has to do some tricks involving hooks
> to affect the windows of other applications.  Perhaps these fail in
> Vista.
>
> You could experiment with
> win.rollup(h)where is the window handle of the frame of the window.  >
Possibly the windowinfo command can help get it.   If it works,
> maybe there is a way to compute the frame window handle from the
> caption handle -- you'd have to work with a tool like winspector if >
you wanted to pursue this.
>
It does fail in notepad. I tried using the window handle and that also
fails. This is not a biggie as I rarely would rollup a window.

> Sorry, I did not complete the instructions here.  What happens if you
> now make this single entry command list the tray icon command list
> using command list|properties|special lists?  Does the tray clock get
> replaced?
>
> I must admit this is more for fun than useful; this feature does
> hook right into the clock drawing code in explorer so I'd be suprised
> if it worked.
>
No, that does not work.
Thanks again for Favfolders fix.



[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]

Reply via email to