>Now I'm really confused, since my PowerCD takes 8 batteries! Are the
>following conclusions safe to draw?
>
>1. the polarity must match
>2. output must be DC, not AC
>3. all the numbers, volts, watts, amps, EVERYTHING must match exactly
>Thanks,
>Janice (who, by the way, has no PowerCD adapter to match numbers to...just
>using info provided by another lister)

Janice, the info I sent you is correct, don't panic!

It would be Really Keen, if someone with an original PowerCD adaptor could
provide the specs listed on the adaptor ONE MORE TIME, just so everyone is
completely clear on the power requirements for this puppy.

Points 1 and 3 above are correct. Point 2 is no longer clear, but the last
I heard, the adaptor for the PowerCD outputs 9Volts AC at 1 Amp ( not DC).
I just went over my previous post for you janice, and everything there is
accurate. All you need to do, is confirm the specs from an original PowerCD
power adaptor, and then you know what to find. Since you don't have one of
your own, disregard my suggestion about re-using the plug from yours ( I
didn't know you were without one, and assumed you had a 'dead' one instead )

But it looks like you understand the basics! Probably better than you ever
hoped to!  Please let us know when you find one, and we'll make sure it's
safe to plug in, before you actually use it! Fair enough?

Martin