yeah. ain't it great :)
I sure felt smug when I took it back to the shop after Apple called
them and told them  'do it for free'. Especially after they (the
shop) wanted $600 from me.

I think the warranty was three months(?), and it packed up after
about five. I did the usual, and told them it had had very light use
:)

one for the little guys :)
cheers
ian

--
Senior Interactive Media Designer, Learning Environments,

 CoolPad at Staples. Both in white for iBooks at <http://roadtools.com>.