At 10:53 PM 4/11/2002 -0400, you wrote:

>Thanks everyone for the CD and hinge tips.  The external drive works on
>every setup except the 540c; I've not had time to work on that much yet.
>Perhaps the Apple CD driver is corrupt.

This may seem silly, but make sure it's really really firmly in there. I
bought a new adapter and cables for my 520c before I just made sure to
really shove it in there the last millimeter. Works like a charm now :)

>About battery packs- why is it that there are't instructions on the web for
>refurbishing all powerbooks packs?  The PB100 and PB500 series are all I've
>found instructions for... you should be able to just mail order the cells
>you want and solder them together, right (if you're good with a dremel or
>similar tool to get the pack open)?  Or build an external pack, although
>getting the connector for some would be harder than others....

I've rebuilt a Duo battery, and will probaby be doing the aforementioned
520c's battery. As long as you know the type and voltage, it's pretty easy
to get the cells. Then, just have to solder them in the same arrangement as
the others :)

>There must be a reason...

No one's made one yet :) Why not you? ;)

>Thanks,
>
>Brian

Scott Holder

 CoolPad at Staples. Both in white for iBooks at <http://roadtools.com>.