>Pau
>I've found an HDI-25  dock cable or adapter.Nothing works.Perhaps is it the
>way of starting the one at first and the other ?
>I keep on trying and thanks for your helping
>xavier

Not all powerbook SCSI adapters support the SCSI disk mode.  Are you SURE
that it has the # of pins Paul mentioned earlier, 30 pins not 29?  That
makes a difference in whether or not it's just a powerbook SCSI adapter vs.
a SCSI _DOCK_ adapter.  The dock adapters are a little hard to find.

Still voting for a disk tools floppy or the Network Access floppy as your
best bet to just get the thing booted.  You're getting access to all this
rather exotic mac stuff (USB--> SCSI, powerbook SCSI adapter etc) but don't
have something with a floppy that could make a disk tools floppy,
somewhere?  How about the powerbook source where you found the SCSI adapter
you have?

Once it's booted, you might get lucky and the disk first aid might be able
to repair the problem (don't hold your breathe though).  Or you could
network the 1400 to any classic mac via the printer port cables, and do a
full (slow) system install that way.

Luck;