 on 8/27/02 6:17 PM, Brian at [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
>> I am looking into 802.11b, there were a few posts here recently about
>> problems with the Orinoco cards and the 1400, here's what their tech
>> support said about it:
>> "The 1400's need to use version 6.04 drivers from
>> ftp.orinocowireless.com/pub/software/IEEE/PC_CARD/APPLE/v600/. The 7.2
>> drivers aren't going to work it due to the lack of standard PCI architecture
>> on this model. This is the same issue with making it work with AirPort
>> drivers."
>> I emailed back asking about firmware revisions of the card (what if you
>> have the most recent firmware possible, will it still work with the older
>> drivers, would be a useful question to have answered) but have yet to
>> receive a reply.
>> Brian

I just bought and installed a pc wireless card mfd by Wireless.com.
Bought it ftom OWC for less than $100. It comes with Mac documentation and
software. The website says this card " Also, works with G3, 3400, 2400,
1400, 5300 & 190 PowerBooks".I'm considering getting one for a 1400 I have!

 It was easy and a pleasure to install, all Mac. I have a Linksys wireless
router with 4 ports which you can use to hardwire other computers which I
installed at the same time. It was also an easy install.
We ought to support companies like Wireless.com who concentrate on Mac.

BTW, this means I have a Linksys 4 port router (non-wireless) for sale,
Model BEFSR41, that I would like to sell now. Any offers?
--
Mike Amato