> So, my question is, all this software is obviously outdated, but is some of it
> still largely compatible and useful?  Is PageMill 1.01 a good program
> w/attractive templates that are more or less compliant w/today's standards?
> And, would pdf files generated by Acrobat 2.1 be at all problematic for
> today's Readers?

A lot of older software is still very compatible and useful in my opinion.
I am making a guess here, but I would think that the newer acrobat readers
would be backwards compatible.  I don't know anything about Pagemill 1.01,
but I am running version 3 on a Powerbook 5300, and aside from the
limitation of a 640 X 480 screen it works great. I personally don't like all
of the fancy html stuff on a page anyway and can do basically anything I
want with 3.0.  You can often pick up old copies of PageMill on Ebay.  I
think I paid less than $10 for this one.