on 11/22/02 8:21 PM, (PowerBooks) at [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

> And most of the CD-R drives aren't supported by MacOS so you'd need FWB CD
> toolkit (freebie solutions don't work on the 3 SCSI -R drives I have) and
> even FWB doesn't support many that many drive models (although if you have
> an unsupported CD or Cd-R drive, and send the drive to them, they'll add
> compatibility and give you a free copy of FWB CDT as well).
>
> I was going to update my cs to a ce but like the privacy of the limited
> viewing angle and am going to leave it a cs.
>
> HTH.
>
> Brian

What? "Most CD-R drives aren't supported by MacOS"? That's nonsense. The
"MacOS", actually several of them, support almost every SCSI CD-R without
using any extra drivers at all. I've used 4 different brands of SCSI CD-R
and RW with several different Macs and different operating systems. It was
just plug and play with these external SCSI drives and I used different
versions of Toast from 3.5 upwards. All worked perfectly.
With a 1400, I used a Teac 4x12x external SCSI and it worked perfectly with
Toast 3.5. Burned a lot faster than 1x too!

Chris