--- Roger Volk <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>     Super glue another screw into the stripped out
> head and then build up the
> bond outside with epoxy, let cure for 24 hrs., and
> remove the screw.

Hmmm...
Could work, but risky... I'd be careful with that one.
 If you get too much glue on the screw head, when you
press the other one on top fo it, the run off could
bind both screws to the bottom case plastic...
Definately not good.

Based on the description of the problem, when he said
"middle screw" or "center screw" -can't remember
which, don't have the email in front of me...  I'm
assuming he means that he's flipped the case over and
it's the center screw holding in the keyboard that he
has stripped out.

If thats true, and memory serves me, that screw is
deeply recessed (about 3/4" - 1" in the bottom of the
case.  That makes getting it out that much harder.  As
someone else suggested, you can try forcing a slightly
larger torx driver or a slotted type screwdriver on
the screw to get it to turn.  That would be made more
difficult if the screw were in fact recessed.

If the screw isn't recessed, I have many times used
the trick where you somply grab the sides of the screw
head with a sharp pair of diagonal cutting pliers,
which will bite into the soft sides of the screw head
enough to let you turn it and break it loose.
Obviously, if the screw is recessed, this won't work.
I think my next move would be to get a drill and,
carefully, drill off the head of the screw...  With
the head gone, there will be nothing to keep the screw
in place when you lift out the keyboard - you'll just
need to be a little more careful removing it...  Then,
when the keyboard is out, you can get a pair of pliers
ir something around the body of the screw to twist it
and remove it the rest of the way.

As for the actual problem of the machine...

Did you disconnec thte machine from the power supply
and remove the battery before you started swapping the
drive? If not, you may have dmamged the Power Supply
which could be causing your problems.  If not, double
check all your connections to make sure they are tight
when you take it apart.  A bad hard disk shouldn't
make the machine not power up at all...  Boot with a
blinking ? or something quite possibly, but the power
on function should still function.

Have you tried removing the battery, disconnecting
from AC, then holding in the reset button for 1-2
minutes to reset the Power Manager?  After that,
reconnect the AC< but leave the battery out and try to
Power it on... What happens??

Cheers,
Sionnach