> 2) Buy a Mac serial to USB adapter for the iBook and use a
> Localtalk cable
> to connect them.

Just be aware that Appletalk won't cross any brand of USB to serial
adapter, so you'll have to do some sort of serial zmodem transfer
thing.  But it could work.  One brand of adapter works a little better
than others, esp. for use with OS X, but I don't recall which one is
which ;)

> 3) If it is a 1xx series book, scrounge around and find an old PB
> SCSI to
> Ethernet adapter like the Asante Micro EN/SC. I've never been able
> to get
> this to work on machines later than 68k though.

I love the EN/SC adapters and have used them a lot on SE, SE/30, and
pb100.  Not tried it on my 540C.  For the pb100 only the Micro EN/SC
adapter would work though for some reason (there exist, and I have a
couple, different models of the EN/SC's).

Brian