Don wrote:

Can a 3400 utilize: Firewire, USB 1 or preferably 2, and 802.11 by way of its card slots?

If so, EXACTLY HOW? (as in recommended brands or software versions or the mechanical enhancements which are required)

Don,

For both my Kanga and 240mhz 3400c I'm using a Belkin USB PCMCIA card, didn't have to do anything except install software from here: http://www.wwc.edu/~frohro/Cardbus/Cardbus.html The Belkin card slipped right in and out, no problems. I run one of those slim USB HDs, printers, scanners, CDRWs off the Belkin USB card no probs. I've yet to try a Firewire card but I'm sure it's the same. As far as 802.11 cards those should fit, like stated before people with 68k 190 PBs are getting them to work. Here is picture of the USB card on the desktop of my Kanga:
http://davidt.webspacesales.com/KangaUSB.jpg

And here's one of those 64MB USB memory HD things attached to the Belkin USB Card:
http://davidt.webspacesales.com/KangaUSB2.jpg

And just for kicks, here's my 3400c and Kanga side-by-side (Kanga's on the left :D ):
http://davidt.webspacesales.com/3400cKanga.jpg

If you or anybody else have any questions feel free to ask :)

David T.