Date: Thu, 30 Oct 2003 08:13:43 -0800
Subject: Re: Refresh my memory for installing 7.5.3 > 7.5.5
From: Jeff Hubatka <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

I want to try the free 7.5.3 > 7.5.5 option
first. I've downloaded all 19 disk images of 7.5.3 and the Net
Install.sea version of 7.5.5 onto my eMac's hard drive from Apple. I
was going to burn these onto a CD. But I don't have a boot disk for the
external CD-ROM drive I'm using with my PB. ...snip...

Put all the 19 images into one folder. The installer is on image number 1, and it will automatically find/open/access all the others as needed. Then you can add the net install tuneup to 7.5.5 later. You might check out Gamba or Jag's House for boot floppy images, also you can get a patched CDROM extension that will recognize non-Apple CD drives. I was able to boot my PPC 540c from a non-Apple drive holding 7.6.1 using cmd-opt-shift-del at startup time.

---
JSH
TiBook

Thanks Jeff.

I don't think I can network connect to the PB, because it doesn't have ethernet. But I found the 7.5.3 boot disk image from Gamba. Can I also reunify the 7.5.3 images on my eMac as a CD image and then burn it to CD from there? Procedure?

Gary