Thanks Jeff. Yes, I was really wondering if I could create my own BOOTABLE 7.5.3 CD (as a more convenient option)? Apparently it was once available on Gamba's site, but was removed for space considerations. Does anyone know how to do this? Thanks.

Gary

On Nov 2, 2003, at 1:32 PM, PowerBooks wrote:

From: Jeff Hubatka <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: Re: Refresh my memory for installing 7.5.3 > 7.5.5
Date: Sat, 1 Nov 2003 16:30:27 -0800

From: Gary F. Daught <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Date: Sat, 1 Nov 2003 09:42:12 -0700

Thanks Eric. I was able to recombine the 7.5.3 disk images in a folder
and then I burned the resultant onto a CD. I went to Gamba's site (an
incredible resource!) and downloaded a boot floppy image for 7.5.3. So,
my plan is to boot from the floppy and then install 7.5.3 from the CD.
Is this the likely procedure,...or will I be able to boot from the CD?
Also, I download Gamba's procedure for downsizing 7.5.3 to 7.1 in
functionality.

Gary

Right procedure. You'll have to install a System onto the CD to boot
from it. I don't know if you can run an installer onto a CD disk image
on your eMac, but it's worth a shot. Then put the 19 images into their
own folder, etc. Also look at Gamba's site for a CDROM driver unless
your external model is an Apple-ROM model. Or you could try starting up
with cmd-opt-shift-del to locate an alternate startup device.

---
JSH
TiBook