Thanks Eric. I was able to recombine the 7.5.3 disk images in a folder and then I burned the resultant onto a CD. I went to Gamba's site (an incredible resource!) and downloaded a boot floppy image for 7.5.3. So, my plan is to boot from the floppy and then install 7.5.3 from the CD. Is this the likely procedure,...or will I be able to boot from the CD? Also, I download Gamba's procedure for downsizing 7.5.3 to 7.1 in functionality.

Now that I have everything on the software side, all I have to do is wait for the 25 pin to HDI-30 SCSI adapter to arrive so I can connect an external CD-ROM drive to the PB180. And further to my other previous post (having determined that the floppy drive in the PB is toast!), the person I purchased from is sending me another.

Oh yes, I have one other question for my failing pre-OS X memory! How do you copy a floppy disk image onto a floppy via Disk Copy? It has been so long since I've had to do this. I can open a disk image and mount it to the hard drive fine (in OS X this is a daily occurrence with downloads), but I forget how to convert the image so it writes onto a floppy! Thanks.

Gary

On Oct 31, 2003, at 1:32 PM, PowerBooks wrote:

From: Eric <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: Re: Refresh my memory for installing 7.5.3 > 7.5.5

This site:
http://home.earthlink.net/~gamba2/
should have everything you want to know about the older system software.

Personal opinion: Install 7.1 first, then install 7.5.3. When installing 7.5.3, Disk
Copy reads all of the separate image files and mounts a single volume. This should
work fine from a CD.

I can give you an image of the modified 7.1 Disk Tools disk (with enabler) if you
need it. 7.0.1 won't install on the 180.