>  Thankyou all for you input. I contacted my isp and recieved an ip address
> and two DNS addresses.... I plugged them into TCP/IP, and verified it in PPP
> all that fun crap. Dialed up, logged on... And squat! Nothing... nada!
> Except that I can still ping out, nothing more...
>     So I guess I need to buy a freakin copy of 8.5... anyone have one for
> cheap?

IIRC the Apple PPP from 8.0 and 8.1 was pretty much broken.  There's no way that it
should have failed to figure out DNS servers etc, the info is in the PPP handshake but
it never knew.  I seem to recall using FreePPP and MacPPP or similar replacements
instead of the OT PPP. the ISPs back then could always tell who was using Apple
computers as they had to always call and get these #'s that Windows acquired properly.
 Anyone else have a favorite replacement?

Those should be a quick download, nad if you are clever you can get them via ftp to
the IP of the shareware ftp site archives (oh wait you have other computers nearby...
so that's not needed)

Brian