> This is kind of off topic from your wireless questions, however seeing
> that you have the same set up as I do I have a couple of questions.
> What did your 1400 start life as?  117, 133, or 166?  The reason I ask
> is that the Sonnet G3/400 I have makes the machine crash whenever I try
> and turn on the extension for the backside cache.  Some have suggested
> that it might be the difference in the 117 logic board vs that of the
> 133 and 166.  Have you ever had any problems with the machine crashing
> due to the Sonnet extension?  What version of the extension do you use?

I haven't had any trouble with my cs/117 upgraded to a G3/333 and a c screen.
I don't remember the version of the Sonnet extension, but it's been rock
solid under 9.1 (the rest of the stats: 1400c+G3/333+512K, 60MB RAM, original
750MB disk). It might be something about the /400, but I can't imagine what.
I'm planning to get a /400 in the near future myself.

> I have a 117 upgraded to a Sonnet G3/400 running 9.1, the original
> 750MB HD, and 54MB RAM.  I have 64MB, but the 8MB Apple Module crashes
> with both of the piggybacked 24 chip modules in (maybe logic board
> related too??).

Did yours start with 16MB or 12MB? Mine was a 12MB (8MB plus 4MB Apple
module), and upgrading the 4MB to an 8MB Apple module caused no end of
trouble which went away when I put the 4MB back in.

 Cameron Kaiser, Floodgap Systems Ltd * So. Calif., USA * [EMAIL PROTECTED]
-- armadillo, n. the act of providing weapons to a Spanish pickle. ------------