In a message dated 7/28/2004 11:04:58 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
[EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:

>PS: Paging Craig W! Paging Craig W!
>
>Please stop perpetuating the 16bit-USB-cards rumor!
>Give it up already!
>
>Please? Pretty please?!? Pretty pretty please?!? :-)

Yeah; I got your page....

Here's the thing, Dan... I read somewhere that one was made. Maybe it wasn't;
maybe I read it off of another e-mail list like this one, where someone ELSE
was "talking out the side of their neck"... but so what?

Where else would I discuss something like this, on the Vintage list? I mean,
it's on topic, it is pertinent, and it is an answer to a question.

If it is a false-rumor, I am sure I am not the only person to give erronius
information on this list...

>They apparently never existed! Well at least no-one here has _ever_
>actually seen one in person.

Yeah, "apparently"...

Having never "actually seen one in person" does not really speak to their
actual existence, does it? Many people had never seen a tablet-pc-style Powerbook
until I found a few (the Freestyle Tablet PC, based on the Powerbook
5300-series).

I never personally saw a VST Expansion Bay AC adapter for the 3400/Kanga, or
a Powerbook 550c intil I recently acquired both. So since they did not exist
before I saw+bought them, I guess I'm like the kid Billy Mumy played on the old
"Twilight Zone" episode?

>With the vast range of experience on this
>list, I consider it highly unlikely such a thing existed without being
>known to _someone_ here. In any case, even if they _did_ exist (which I
>doubt), they are today unobtainable and therefore maybe you might not
>want to continually tease folks in such a fashion.

 I am sure alot of things exist "on this earth and beyond" that none of us
have ever seen. I am personally still looking for a Duo 230-based  "Penlite"
tablet PC, a Newer G3 500-series peocessor, and a Vertegri ImediaEngine V7.

>Thank you, thank you, thank you for your co-operation!!! :-)

Okay. Done. I'll let go. It's over.

So....

What do we talk about NOW? Who saw a Powerbook Duo on last night's episode of
Seinfeld?!?

Craig W.
Atlanta, GA
Power corrupts. Absolute power's a blast. ­- John Fund