In a message dated 8/17/04 7:30:24 AM, [EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:

>The CD drives can be hard to find, it took a while for me to find a
>good one.

I have a few; 6x, 8x and a 12x...

>For some reason I think there's an issue getting PC Card SCSI working.
>
>Drivers?
>
>Anyway, it will have to be non-cardbus for certain, so you're looking
>for an older card.  AND, to top it off, the 1400 can only support the
>"old" SCSI manager, which also limits you.  The only shipping Adaptec
>card with SCSI drivers is cardbus, so that's out for starters.

I recently scored two "NEC 16-bit SCSI interface" PCcards, but neither have
the cable adapter, however.

I have never tried it out on anything I have, but I assumned a driver would
not be needed; just an app to help out like SCSI Manager or something...

Craig W.
Atlanta, GA