>Is there a manual online with some details about how to get to the hard
>drive cage on a 3400c? Are my myopic eyes missing something or are there
>no screws to remove? A little clip maybe? Keyboard is out, as is memory.
>Drive is under the left front corner but I'm not sure how to get at it.

After all accessories are removed ...

1) Remove the three screws across the middle of the case bottom which
retain the keyboard,

2) Place something soft on the screen and lift the keyboard up from its
front, and onto the case, resting it on the screen protector,

3) Remove the RAM card,

4) Carefully remove the palm rest which also contains the touchscreen
(this is tricky ... there are seveal plastic latches which retain this
part), and set it aside,

5) Remove the three silver screws which retain the metalized plastic
stiffener, which also happens to be the drive mount,

6) Lift the stiffener slightly, exposing the EIDE cable,

7) unplug the cable,

8) remove the stiffener with the drive,

9) Remove the drive with the cable,

10) remove the cable and attach to the new drive,

11) reassemble in reverse.