T.A.Masters wrote:

iPods, the two I originally bought unfortunately have the HP logo. What else they have is a windooze only format. When my 17 year old grandson could not repair his iPod online with HP and they would not replace it, he asked me to intercede. HP refused to assist me as I am using a Mac and the accompanying software to the iPod is PC.

I am in a quagmire. HP will not get this iPod up and running and will not replace it. HP will not list the stolen one as stolen until they get a copy of the police report. The iPod was stolen at the High School parking lot. The school liaison officer handled the police theft report. My grandson did not get a copy. We are talking about a minor who has had incredibly rotten luck with what was meant to be a wonderful present from a loving grandmother. to boot he borrows his brother's and it is stolen.

HP's attitude is not an asset for Apple. The whole situation sucks. I am trying to get replacement iPods for both of my grandsons, I am searching for the best online price.

Grrrrr
Terrie

This is from the HP site :
*NOTE: *You can convert an iPod formatted for Windows into an iPod formatted for Mac by using the iPod for Mac Software Updater utility on the Apple Website <http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/leavinghp?url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.apple.com%2Fipod%2Fdownload%2F&desc=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.apple.com%2Fipod%2Fdownload%2F&lc=en&cc=us> . Note that once it is reformatted, it only works with Macs. You need Mac OS 9.2 or Mac OS X 10.1 or later to reformat an iPod for Windows into an iPod for Mac. Using the Apple iPod from HP on a Mac is not supported by HP.

Good luck.

BM