From: PowerBooks [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] Behalf Of
Manfred
Sent: Friday, March 04, 2005 8:38 AM
To: PowerBooks
Subject: Re: Formatting and fresh install of 7.5.3 on a PB180

Hello,

> So, would it not work if I were to just transfer all the files to the
> Mac HD and run them from there?
> How would I format the HD?

it might. You can try to move all files on the hd and mount them.
It is possible to install from mounted diskimages.

But this would be no (clean) installation but an upgrade.

If you decide to generate the (was it 15 ?) floppies and boot from
the first this will boot into a small OS. There you can select the
hd by clicking and then format by selecting "Initialize" from the last
menue right side (named "Extras" if i remember correctly).