From: PowerBooks [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] Behalf Of
Manfred
Sent: Friday, March 04, 2005 8:53 AM
To: PowerBooks
Subject: Re: Formatting and fresh install of 7.5.3 on a PB180

Hello,

> Ah, I get it. Yea, I don't want to just upgrade it.
> It's 19 floppies, yes. Alot, I know ;)

it is. Not too much if disk 18 isnt corrupted ;)

> I just remembered, though, here in the office we have an old G3 sitting
> around that I can use. I assume it would be best to format the disks from
> that and use this diskcopy (?) to transfer the disk images over and then
> boot from the first disk? Where can I get that?

Disk Copy should just be there. (search = apple+f) If unfortunately not,
then look on the installation-cd of the G3. Ther should be a folder
disktools.

I this fails too, ther might be a version somewhere at apple.com.

Yes, generate on the G3 the floppies out of the images.
If it is a colored case there might be no floppy drive..
This will speed up things. You can boot already from disk1
while G3 is writing disk2. If one gets corrupted you can
make another one on the G3 without aborting the installation.

How much RAM does the PB180 have ? Probably you would like
to stay with 7.1 :)