I'm in a dilemma. I'm planning on purchasing another older PowerBook to go alongside my two 190s, but I'm torn between the Kanga, 1400 and 2400. I like the appearance of the Kanga, but price is an issue and I also need something fairly small, if possible. I'd also like to be able to upgrade to a DVD-ROM or at least a CD-R drive, if possible. Which one is best?

Of the three PB's you're considering I'd personally opt for the Kanga. Largest screen, fastest CPU and highest RAM ceiling of the three. It's a bit of a brick, though - as is the 1400.

The 2400c is an intriguing possibility, but not if you're budget-minded. It's Apple's smallest and lightest laptop ever, mainly because it has no internal drives at all. The cost of all the accessories to give it the functionality you want can add up in a hurry. Plus, the Comet is still highly prized by a lot of folks - finding one you can afford isn't easy.

Pax,
--
Gene, a.k.a. G-Man
Friends don't let friends do Windows