Beniamino Cenci Goga wrote:

I use either this list and the G-book one.

I have noted that users of the G-book list seem less interested in technical topics. I mean technical with the need to take a part the Mac.

So most of the question about LCD replacement or similar issues have no reply, on the other hand these questions cannot be posted here if related to pre G3 stuff (with the exception of the Kanga, that, indeed, as we have already agreed, is a souped up 3400c)

So I would like to study the feasibility to set up a list for technical topics regardless the pre/post G3 issue. Someting like "powertech" or similar.

What do you think?

Ben

I subscribe to both also, plus a few other, smaller lowend lists. I find the powerbook list the most 'technical' and certainly the most helpful also. The G3, and this may be a fault of the nanny or the collective mind, is less forgiving and less tolerant. At times it seems to be more of an OS X list.

While I still haven't figured out what is the not-on-topic powerbook model cutoff point, I like the feeling and sense of family in this group. But then I have a 3400c collection and until I get a newer model, I guess I don't have to worry about what's off topic, yet! If it's the same crew as populate this list, though, I'd sign on in a flash.

Another suggestion, and one that is used in an antique computer list I am also on, is to break the whole group up into a 'talk' list and a 'tech' list. The tech list would be scrutinized closely while the talk list wouldn't. The group would soon get a sense of what's on-topic in the talk list and the tech list would have a very precise on-topic set of rules. Everyone would get the tech stuff but the talk part would only go to those who signed up separately. Might work well in the G3 list but this powerbook list seems fine as it is.

2 cents.

BM