----------
From: Fluxstringer <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: "PowerBooks" <powerbooks@mail.maclaunch.com>
Subject: Re: trackpad glossy
Date: Sun, Jun 5, 2005, 3:52 PM

 But treating a computer like a Ferrari rather than an appliance even
 if well loved is too froo-froo for me.

I'll just casually jump into this conversation...

Treating my computers like Ferraris has made them last so long, in near mint
condition...

High upkeep? Had a girlfriend like that once.
My computers were all bought used and from parts . so I don't baby them.
They are serviceable. And have been moved so much there is no way they would not show wear.

 Never let the computers think they have the upper hand.

Don't worry, mine are well aware of who is in charge!  They have the utmost
respect, always doing as I say and never complaining.

 A month ago a lister told us his method to deal with balky machinery.
 He placed a hammer and pliers on the desk and started making threats.
 He swore this kept the computer in line.

I don't remember that thread, which one was it?

Sorry , that may have been on the PCI list.

Did the post on the swap list get you the 1400?
--
Adrian