The point is that with all the other trckpads since the 190 to the Wallstreet, which I have used for, now, 7 years it is only an aesthetic issue, while on this iBook (only 1 year old and used intensively only in the last 7 months...) it is pretty hard to move the finger over the trackpad: it is somehow stopped.

I tried with talcum powder but the effect lasts on a few days.

Will look for a new trackpad and then tray on this with the sand paper, or the CeO2 powder (Cerium oxide).

Ben

I haven't had much trouble with my little 190, and just about every piece that
you have to touch fairly regularly is worn smooth. I'd try the sandpaper
idea, but I haven't had any reason to, yet.

Caleb