My 1400cs is up and running,  (8.0) from the Welcome to Mac O/S and  the
happy face...something is just   different.

For a machine that was manufactured in '96, pretty darn quick boot  time.
Oooh and all the happy little icons start to pop up.

WAIT...there's no "Start" button
 and no Win-dumb icons.
An uneasy feeling comes over me as I scratch my head and feel totally
lost....  But being a former Win-dumb user I downloaded the manual
for  1400cs and
actually read it.
So I turned on the "Balloons"   and suddenly all those cute icons  on the
bottom of the screen made perfect sense.
If ever there is doubt....just relax because my little Mac will explain it
to me .

Suddenly the uneasiness started to lift as the dark clouds from my  head
dissipated.

Now I fully understand the difference between a Mac and a PC.

The Mac is FRIENDLY!!!!

I've been an MCP since '99 ( I still have my signed MS wall diploma) used
every version of Win-dumb from 3.1, 95 A,B and C N/T server/wrkstn
98, ME, 2000,
 PRO, XP and NOT ONE of them would I ever consider... "FRIENDLY"  There all
arrogant and condescending...Hmmmm  Just like Bill....  LOL

______________________

When you first wrote the other day I replied;

 Welcome Love Them Beatles,

You are now in Sgt.Pepper Land and the Blue Meanies are far-far away .

ROM chips. UH .  .  .  . well yeah I guess they're in there, but
unless you are a tech head no one thinks about them much unless you
need a ROM image to emulate a Mac on another platform..

Macs are about simplify-simplify.  While retaining full function. You
want a command prompt?  Why, do you know or are addicted to the CLI ?

If you want that get a machine that will handle OS X. It has the all
the CLI you can manage.

Yes , the CLI can be great but meanwhile relax Let the Happy Mac boot
MOSS greet you. And become united with your one button mouse. It is
all you need after all.  And mice with more buttons and wheels are
out there if you can't get along without them.

You don't say what OS you have but be assured that while your Mac can
and will crash or freeze the weeks of " blue screen of death " are
over.
Your free time will open up since you have found this list and no
longer have to spend hours on the phone for tech support or begging
Pc friends and service reps for help.

Mac OS is  not so complex or frustrating.

You're life is now easier,

You thought I was kidding right?  Right?

--
Adrian