In a message dated 1/17/2006 1:22:33 AM Eastern Standard Time,
[EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:

> Cheap and 3400 do not go together. When I was looking for a replacement
>  for my faithful 190, I seriously considered a 3400, but I decided to
>  spend the little extra cash and get a G3 Lombard. I remember the
>  cheapest Kanga was only $30 cheaper than my Lombard, and the 3400 parts
>  machines were going for over $125 on fleabay, so be warned. Of course,
>  this was during the holiday rush, and I bought my Lombard two days
>  after Thanksgiving, so the prices may have dropped a lot.

Especially since the lister in need only needs a PRAM battery and the cable
from it to the PMU.

With patience, the right 3400c, with a smashed/non-working LCD or something,
could be found for around the $40-$50 range. Maybe even a non-externally
damaged unit, with a "mystery problem." I sometimes roll the dice on those,
usually
with positive results.

I would be wary of "I don't know what's wrong with it" auctions from places
that sell many Apple computers, though.

xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo
Ivy F., AL
"Roll Tide!"