[Mikael Byström <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> schrieb am 23.3.2006 um 20:01
Uhr:]

>Thanks for sharing your experiences. Would you care to describe your
>workflow?

I currently have:
9066 Messages
31 Message folders
44 Message Filters
23 Text Clippings
28 Signatures
46 Scripts

I am using the 3 panel view and I am never using the recent messages window.

I have business-oriented correspondence too: about 2-10 incoming and
outgoing every workday, few mailing lists: about 0-20 messages per day.
Most messages are directed by filters to folders. Spam: 10-25 per day,
most get to the SPAM folder by SpamSieve (currently 92.5% correct -
doesn't work that good for me: now and then there are false negatives).
Private messages are typically 0-10 per day.

Also I start the morning usually with an email session. I check the
folders with bold text in the order of their importance and respond
immediately to the messages. If this is not possible I give a label to
the message and the folder which signs the action I have to take later
(about 10%).

Every message I write I finish before starting a new. There are very few
exceptions.

During the rest of the day I check for messages every 10 minutes.
Messages from mailing lists and SPAM is not announced by the acoustic
sign. I read them when I feel I have time to do so. Other Mails usually
are answered immediately when needed.

I use the scripts very often, some by filters, some by hand. Maybe 25% of
the messages are processed by scripts.

Filters I do not need are deleted. New ones created now and then (e.g.
new customer). Also Mails I do not need are deleted. Except the SPAM
(quick control in the list) maybe 25% to 45%.

Most of the time I have no unread message but maybe some times one or two
which are not answered yet. From time to time I put folders of older
projects to subfolders. Maybe once a month I compress the database and
the index. Two times a day the DB is backuped automatically without
closing it first to an other internal HD. Maybe once a week it is saved
after closing to an external harddisk.

>Do you also think that you would have no use for saveable searches in the
>form of 'smart folders' á la the 'smart playlists' in iTunes or 'smart
>folders' in Mail?

I am satisfied with my workflow and PM and don't need any smart folders.
- Wait! One exception I can imagine: I have one folder with offers to
customers and would like to let them stay in the folder of the customer
itself and have a smart folder which collects them in one place.
I have to confess that I am working with OS 10.3.9 until now and
therefore my Mail, which i never use, has no smart folders. But I know
them from my parents computer and from iTunes (which I use very rarely).

That's it
Subhash

--
computer artwork by subhash