A-NO-NE Music said:

>I am involved with more than 10 active beta test lists.  Constantly,
>more than 2 or 3 products are close to shipping so my mail browsing
>priority changes day to day.  This is the reason.

But doesn't this mean you could be helped by 'smart folders' or similar
solutions under some circumstances?

My main reason for not reading mailing lists in folder is it doesn't work
well to sort by subject as typically there are soon thousands of messages
in a specific folder. Of course I can already filter with "Show only",
which does help somewhat, but a 'smart folder' could also catch
variations of the subject line or groups several discussions together.
Today I use a search scrit for this (find similar subjects).

Any technology that helps me speed up ignoring what I'm not interested in
and highlights what I'm interested in, is beneficial.

PM 5.2.3 Swedish | OS X 10.3.9 | Powerbook G4/400Mhz | 1GB RAM | 30GB HD